About DIXON BATE
Dixon-Bate was formed in 1921 by Basil Dixon-Bate & was originally based in Chester, U.K. The company specialised in manufacturing general engineering products and trailers. From 1950 onwards we established an enviable reputation for the design and manufacture of Quality Towing Equipment, Towing Brackets, Floor Cranes and Caravan Products.
Following a 1984 management buyout and move to a 8000m² modern factory in Deeside, North Wales the company continued to grow and expand the sales and production of towing equipment and accessories eventually leading to the company being sold to Bradley Doublelock in 2009. Production was moved to Bingley and sales of the towing equipment, universal couplings and pin and ball towing jaws continued to increase.
Since 2014, the Dixon-Bate brand has been owned by AL-KO Kober, the trailer chassis components manufacturer, after they acquired the Bradley Doublelock business. AL-KO’s commitment to maintaining the market leading towing equipment continues and underpins the supply and availability of products used by the Ministry of Defence, Utility Companies, the Agricultural Sector and towing enthusiasts.
For over 90 years the entire range of Dixon-Bate products have built up a strong reputation for premium quality, durability and long service life to meet the high-performance targets and stringent safety and type approval requirements of modern day vehicle manufacturing.